Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at every level.
You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients.
This position supports reimbursement for VMMC through the collection and verification of demographic and insurance information from new and established patients; obtaining and documenting organizational and federally mandated patient signatures; initiating and updating the patient registration systems as needed; creates medical records for use in patient care; provides a welcome environment to all patients who arrive for care; collects co-payments and/or pre-payments and facilitates on-time arrival of patients to the clinical areas.
* A high school diploma and two years of experience working in a health care setting, related education or equivalency.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and third-party payer requirements is also required.
* Demonstrated excellence in customer service and/or patient care skills.
Requires demonstrated organization, interpersonal communication and strong computer skills.
* Incumbents must demonstrate problem-solving and prioritization skills in order to manage multiple tasks successfully throughout the day.
Prefer proficiency in telephone management and VMMC computer systems (IBM scheduling, GroupWise and Internet Explorer). Experience working with banking transaction systems is preferred
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes comprehensive compensation and benefits, continuing education and support, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the country, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Associated topics: assist, desktop, help, network, patient, pc, service, technical support specialist, technician iv, technology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.