STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine's Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in our members' lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan - medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan
The Mortgage Loan Officer position is responsible for performing high volume, accurate and timely Real Estate lending functions in alignment with STCU loan standards and procedures. *This is an outside sales position focusing on home loans.
Home Loan Production
- Perform high volume Real Estate lending functions accurately, timely, and in alignment with STCU loan standards and procedures.
- Interview and process first mortgage loan applications, ensuring accurate information.
- Evaluate loan applications, credit reports, title reports, appraisals, inspections and supporting documentation; making mortgage loan recommendations while conforming to guidelines of STCU policies and/or secondary market guidelines.
- Set clear expectations with borrowers on timelines, loan conditions and closing dates.
- Originate Government (FHA/VA) loans and maintain current knowledge of Government (FHA/VA) lending guidelines and procedures.
- Provide support to other External Home Loan Officers as needed.
- Proactively communicate with management with respect to all significant challenges or opportunities.
- Close a minimum of $500,000 per month with 70% of the loans coming from self sourced external referral sources.
Relationship Development and Service
- Spend a significant portion of their time outside of the office developing relationships and networking as a means for business.
- Attend all closing meetings for purchase transactions when possible.
- Take ownership of issues by acting as the borrowers advocate. Follow through on all commitments.
- Achieve a high level of efficiency in real estate transactions to meet the needs of the member.
- Provide borrowers with solutions to financial needs recommending appropriate STCU products and services.
- Become proficient with STCU's products, systems and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Associate's degree or some college is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years mortgage lending experience in a financial services environment. This includes knowledge of mortgage terms, title insurance, and required mortgage processing procedures.
- Proven history of closing self sourced business with emphasis on purchase transactions.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) to include formal presentation skills.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours and attend Realtor open houses on occasion, even on weekends.
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Sitting for long periods of time with extended periods of standing during presentations, fairs, workshops, etc.
- Work Environment
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review for more information at
Associated topics: banker, banking solution, collection analyst, loan officer, loan originator, mortgage officer, officer, personal banker ii, representative, sale