The Dealer Sales Representative establishes and maintains effective business relationships in a mature territory with long-standing customers, such as lumber dealers, wholesale distributors, co-ops, and home centers. This position is based in north Seattle area (Seattle to Bellingham), reports to the Territory Manager, and requires frequent overnight travel, driving and flying, to effectively support all customers in western Washington from Seattle north to Blaine, WA.
60% of the time you will: Meet with current and prospective customers in person on a regular basis to demonstrate products, explain product features, present new program offerings, provide samples, and procure orders. Consult with current customers to resolve problems, provide ongoing support, and explore opportunities to add complimentary products to their current offering which are both profitable to the customer and important to their consumers. Answer customer questions about products, prices, availability, product uses and credit terms timely and effectively. Partner with other sales team members and departments to provide \"No-Equal\" service and support to customers. Update and maintain customer relationship management (CRM) records daily, using mainly Salesforce.
40% of the time you will: Maintain product displays, literature, and signage at customer stores. Create training displays demonstrating product installation procedures. Conduct product display resets as needed.
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* 2 years related experience and/or training. Construction industry knowledge is a plus.
* Customer focus: Quickly and effectively solve customer problems and maintain productive customer relationships. Readily adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing customer needs. Recognize potentially adverse customer reactions and develop better alternatives.
* Speaking and communication: Communicate verbally in an appropriate way for the audience he/she is speaking to. Communicate effectively with co-workers. Listen with full attention to what other people are saying, making sure to understand the needs being expressed, asking questions as appropriate without interrupting at an inappropriate time. Speak effectively before groups of customers, coworkers, and managers.
* Self-management: Set priorities, goals and timelines to achieve maximum productivity. Manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner. Create his/her travel and work schedule to meet department objectives and customer needs.
* Reading and writing: Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and construction documents such as building plans. Write routine reports and correspondence.
* Reasoning: Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Teamwork: Maintain a collaborative approach in dealing with other Simpson Strong-Tie employees. Demonstrate a genuine commitment to mutually beneficial solutions. Ability to operate in a sales environment.
* Accountability and dependability: Arrive to appointments/meetings on time and follow instructions, policies, and procedures. Fulfill commitments made to customers, peers, co-workers, and managers. Hold self and others accountable for measureable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
* Attention to detail: Monitor and review work for accuracy and completeness. Complete work according to procedures and standards. Understand verbal instructions.
* Microsoft Office and computer skills: Ability to utilize Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer to effectively complete work.
* Driving record: Possess and maintain a driving record which complies with company policy.
* Travel: Travel from home daily with frequent overnight stays.
This job requires domestic travel, 50% of the time.
Position Status & Location
This full-time, exempt position is located in the area north of Seattle (Seattle to Blaine, WA).
Relocation will not be considered for this position.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Associated topics: b2b, device, distributor, equipment, internal sales, inventory, procurement, warehouse, warehouse associate, wireless product
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.