The City of Seattle is seeking qualified Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) candidates to join the Quality Assurance (QA) team in Seattle Information Technology (Seattle IT) department. We are looking for talented professionals with passion for service, community, and technology to join our diverse team! Seattle IT is responsible for city-wide technology planning, development, policy and governance and programs that promote technology literacy, public access to government information and better serve Seattle's residents and businesses. The SDET role:
We are looking to hire 4 experienced candidates in automation testing, QA engineering, and/or developing in testing (SDET). Preferred candidates are proficient in Java or .Net, building test automation frameworks from the ground up using tools like; Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Appium, JMeter, Jenkins (continuous integration / delivery), Git, Python, PowerShell, and Azure DevOps. Why .gov? there are plenty of reasons to join Seattle IT's QA team:
- We build exciting and diverse solutions Seattle IT projects cover many technologies.
- .gov work covers a diverse domain: utilities, finance, administration, transportation, permitting, parks, security, police and fire departments and many more.
- You will have the opportunity to grow professionally and collaboratively work with technical experts and mentor others.
- We offer an excellent work/life balance than most Tech shops for hours worked over 40 in a work week, you are eligible for overtime and/or compensatory time off at 1.5X your hourly rate.
- Our civic work is meaningful and rewarding.
Your contribution in this role, you will identify key automated test cases and unit tests as well as develop, configure, and maintain automated tests using Selenium. Additionally, you will execute both automated (70%) and manual (30%) tests. You will be responsible to own test deliverables for projects/programs following Agile and Waterfall methodologies. You will review, create, and triage bugs with responsible teams and test closure criteria is fulfilled.
- Participate in all aspect of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), focus on making the team more efficient and productive by applying best practices
- Assess the completeness, traceability and consistency of all requirements.
- Develop automated test scripts, test scenarios, test strategy/plan to ensure proper coverage for testing.
- Ensure functional, nonfunctional and technical requirements are met through system test, system integration test, end to end test, performance test and security test criteria.
- Conduct operation and performance tests to confirm that the application meets functional requirements, performance specifications and user expectations.
You will be prepared for this role if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in an agile/scrum environment with understanding of test concepts, methodologies and practices.
- Programming experience with Java or .Net
- Foundational understanding of quality assurance, testing and defect management.
- Building test automation frameworks, automated tests, regression test repository.
- In-depth knowledge of front-end automated testing tool such as Selenium WebDriver.
- Building regression test repository, automation and execution of regression test scripts.
- Back end testing knowledge using SQL and applying test automation for back end services and database.
- Hands-on experience in setting up continuous integration (CI) build environment using TeamCity, Gitlab and other comparable solutions.
- Familiarity with containerization tools like Docker.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to take initiative and work on assigned projects/tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience using defect management tools such as Azure DevOps, HP ALM, JIRA preferred.
- Designing and architecting scalable and resilient enterprise software/solutions.
- In-depth experience with test automation development using Java and Selenium based framework (typically 4 years+).
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field (or equivalent experience or a combination of education and experience that reflects the ability to perform the job)
- Experience with application life cycle management (ALM) using tools like Azure DevOps, HP ALM, JIRA or similar.
- Experience with performance, load, stress testing using JMeter, Loadrunner or similar.
- Working knowledge of CSS, JSON, JQuery.
- Test automation skills and experience using Java, Selenium, Gherkin Syntax Cucumber, Specflow, TestNG, SQL
- Experience on work item management, test cases and defects management, code repository and test execution using TFS or Azure DevOps (Agile, Git) (typically 1-2+ years)
- Testing, or unit test framework experience and test execution using Jenkins (CI/CD), Maven
- Submit cover letter & resume along with NeoGov application.
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive criminal background investigation in compliance with Seattle's Fair Change Employment Ordinance SMC 14.17.
- Position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, IBEW Local 77
Associated topics: c c++, c++, c#, develop, java, matlab, php, software development engineer, software programmer, sw