If you're looking for work as a Payroll Administrator, Accountemps is looking for candidates with dynamic communication and problem-solving skills who can process payroll effectively and efficiently. You could advance your career at this smart team in a fast-paced environment. To be a good fit for this Payroll Administrator position, you should have experience with Microsoft Office and be ready for a challenge.
Main Duties Include:
- Report needed changes after maintaining payroll operations according to established policies and procedures
- Draft reports by organizing all summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Payroll record maintenance by tracking changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer social security, unemployment, and worker compensation payments
- Using federal and state regulations and guidelines, ensure company compliance
- Resolving payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Manage employee deductions and other liabilities
- Help payroll manage all internal and external audits
- Preparing relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for circulation to department heads
- Providing payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Protect confidential payroll operation information and maintain employee confidence
- Exercise review and verification of source documents
- Proper payroll information maintenance by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Certified Payroll Professional will be given preference
- Knowledgeable about internal controls
- 2+ years of relevant experience in payroll
- Prior experience working with high volume multi-state payroll, billing, licensing, AP, etc.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of payroll systems
- Benefits payroll experience
- Well-informed in basic accounting principles and solid financial acumen
- Experience using accounting software
- Demonstrated ability in exemplary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Accurate, swift, data entry abilities
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills ? helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune? magazine's list of \"World's Most Admired Companies\" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888-###-#### or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
? 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
**Salary:** $17 - 22/hr
**Location:** Spokane Valley, WA
**Date Posted:** February 27, 2019
**Employment Type:** Temporary
**Job Reference:** 03650-#######762
**Staffing Area:** Temporary Accounting & Finance
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.