PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant or LPN Clinic - Oncology for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 9 Hours.
Req ID: 171240
Medical Assistant: In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
LPN Clinic: Responsible for ensuring delivery of quality nursing care to clinic patients as directed by clinic's healthcare providers. The Clinic LPN functions as a care member of the interdisciplinary care team and fulfills/shares the roles and responsibilities of rooming nurse, and clinical support nurse in the ambulatory patient care setting.
* Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable. * Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable. * Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders. * Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization. * May transport specimens. * May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments. * May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record. * May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician. * Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations. * Performs other duties as assigned.
LPN - Clinic:
* Assess and implement patient care under supervision. Prepares patient for examination. * Provide direct patient care. Assists provider with examination and treatment of patient as directed. * Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age specific triage protocol books and computerized resources. * Document patient care in health record according to department standards. * Obtains and conveys information to and from patients, pharmacies, and other providers as directed and supervised by a licensed provider; may obtain referral authorizations for treatment as directed by provider. * Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development. * Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregivers to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate's degree in Allied Health).
* Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program required.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
* Minimum of one year experience in a medical office preferred.
* One year clinical experience as an LPN preferred. * Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
* Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
* Must have current Medical National certification or be a National Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) at date of hire. When referring to the National Certification requirements, the following are acceptable in meeting that requirement: * Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) * Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologists (AMT) * Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National Health Career Associates (NHA) * National Certified Medical Assistant through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) * Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) administered by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
If uncertified, must have at least one year of experience as a clinical medical assistant that qualifies applicant to take the national certification exam and must obtain national certification by date of hire.
* Current licensure as an LPN in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs. * Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality. * Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members. * Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred. * Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks. * Strong interpersonal and communication skills. * Understand the principles of asepsis if applicable.
* Basic computer skills required including familiarity with MS Office applications. * Must have cooperative working and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff. * Effective prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple clinical tasks at one time. * Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to function independently.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
For clinic locations where caregiver will be performing both Medical Assistant and Diagnostic Technician functions:
* Current Limited X-Ray licensure/permit in state of practice required at date of hire. * Must meet qualifications and perform essential functions of Diagnostic Technician job profile in addition to those for the Medical Assistant.
* State of Washington Medical Assistant - certified licensure required. * State of Washington Medical Assistant - Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant- Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington
Bellingham, PIMC and United General:
* National certification required upon hire or within 6 months of hire. * State licensure and national certification must be maintained.
MA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
* Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time. * Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less. * Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily. * Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
LPN PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
* Work requires active physical exertion up to 65% of the time. * Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less. * Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. * Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email ...@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham, PeaceHealth St. Joseph Cancer Center (222)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 9 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $base for MA $17.98/base for LPN $21.75, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Licensed Practical Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham -- Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support -- Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, LPN -- Full Time -- SPECIALTY SVCS
Associated topics: associate, board, cardiology, community, crna, family, family medicine, nursing assistant cna, nurse practitioner, prac
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.