The Automation Controls Engineer III is responsible for developing, implementing, supporting and improving a broad variety of automated control systems. These systems range in scope from simple single loop controllers and relay logic to advanced HMI - PLC based systems. The Automation Controls Engineer (ACE) will know and understand how to connect automation with the processes of coffee roasting, packaging and distribution.
What you will do:
* Develop controls and automation skills and capabilities within the maintenance and engineering team. This will require the development and implementation of a controls and automation training program. The goal is to enable the engineers and technicians to perform appropriate controls and electrical diagnostics and troubleshooting prior to calling the controls engineer.
* Design, develop, implement and commission control systems for process and production equipment, including systems under test. These systems include a wide variety of controllers, user interfaces, quality analysis and test equipment.
* Develop/support and implement data acquisition and reporting systems to support testing and evaluation work in accordance company and site goals.
* Initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control automation centric projects.
* Develop control strategies and PLC programs to operate plant equipment. Support the checkout, commissioning, and optimization of equipment. Meet with process equipment suppliers to verify system conformance and compliance with plant computer, electrical, and instrumentation standards.
* Define and set system standards for automated control systems, at both the hardware and software levels.
* Recommend and apply automated systems or modifications to improve employee safety, assure consistent product quality, improve manufacturing efficiencies, and reduce manufacturing costs and waste.
* Support local site resources to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve serious and complex control problems.
* Exercise proper change control procedures and maintain system documentation.
* Ensure business continuity through industry standards and good engineering practices.
* Manage and coordinate activity on larger capital and continuous improvement projects.
* Interface with and support various other functions and levels within the organization.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Follow all company policies and procedures
What you must have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience preferred
* 8+ years of industrial automation experience in a manufacturing and distribution environment preferred.
* Extensive PLC programming experience is required. Allen-Bradley systems experience including, but not limited to, Rockwell FactoryTalk suite of software, Logix platform, and proficient understanding of Allen-Bradley industrial networks.
* Experience with GE iFix.
* Experience developing process control strategies, architectures and PLC programs is required.
* Experience with Allen-Bradley variable speed drives.
* Experience with robotic control systems, preferably GE-Fanuc.
* Possess a good understanding of computer and industrial networks.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL databases.
* Basic understanding of PID loops and State Logic control practices.
* Lean Manufacturing experiences a plus.
* Ability to travel and work hours outside of routine schedule as necessary.
Company Overview & EEO Statement
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig?, Dr Pepper?, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters?, Canada Dry?, Snapple?, Bai?, Mott's? and The Original Donut Shop?. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.
Associated topics: cellular, design, dsp, electrical, electrician, hardware, renewable, stationary engineer, transmission, wire