Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to manage the kitchen of the Dining Room at the historic Paradise Inn?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Prepare, cook, and serve food in a three meals per day Dining Room serving up to 1,200 covers per day at a high level of competence that are nutritious, safe, wholesome, eye appealing, delicious, and meet recipe and food cost specifications.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment and appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation
- Operate all food stations, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment and appliances based on estimates of future needs
- Provide guidance to less experienced cooks and prep cooks
- Adheres to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Sample, smell, and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and taste and appearance standards
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary school diploma preferred
- Strong knowledge of and ability to competently cook at all kitchen stations; able to complete all Cook 2 tasks with easy and accuracy
- One year culinary experience in full-service restaurant required; national park experience strongly preferred
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess strong knowledge of culinary terms and practices; able to prepare items \"from scratch\" and follow recipes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, apron, cut glove, steel mesh, mitts
Associated topics: cafeteria, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinera de la preparacion, cocinero de la parrilla, cocinero de produccion, commercial kitchen, diner, food preparation, fryer, prep