- Manage constantly changing executive calendar for Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer by proactively anticipating needs while proactively looking ahead and anticipating needs such as agendas, PowerPoint creation or handouts.
- Supports People Operations and Culture Manager in assisting with multiple Fred Hutch executive leadership development initiatives and HR teambuilding events.
- Complete multiple monthly credit card reconciliations.
- Assist in the onboarding of new HR staff and maintain HR organizational chart accordingly.
- Provide thorough and detail-oriented planning and support to executive-level meetings and special events including logistics, materials, presentations, taking minutes and follow-up on action items.
- Manage relationships with executives, high-level donors, board members and key contacts, ensuring timely follow-up and scheduling.
- Internal communication, including written communications to executives, directors, managers, and all staff.
- Manage travel arrangements and itineraries.
- Active member within the HR administrative team, including customer service, training, project and back-up support.
- Manage forwarded emails, taking responsibility for triaging priorities and responding directly in writing, in person, and by phone.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor s degree and/or minimum of equivalent personal administrative experience.
- 5-8 years progressively complex administrative work supporting a Vice President or C-level executive.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite in both PC and Mac platforms.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have experience in event and project coordination.
- Able to professionally triage and troubleshoot while using independent judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and met goals in a timely manner.
- Experience scheduling on the executive-level
- Prior work experience in Human Resources
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, prioritize effectively, plan ahead, problem-solve and meet goals in a deadline driven environment
- Highly flexible and able to change focus easily
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Highly developed organization and information management skills required
- Strong attention to high level of detail and quality of work; strong follow through
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Willing to ask for direction or ask questions if given unclear projects or tasks
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team environment
- Solid background in planning travel, meeting agendas
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at escmail@fredhutch. org or by calling 206-###-####.