Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our more than 1000 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has approximately 800 consultants, including more than 500 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Ecological and Biological Sciences Practice is currently seeking a Managing Scientist in our Bellevue, WA office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing management and technical support on existing projects and developing new business through expanding projects and proposal efforts in the biological and ecological sciences. Projects may involve ecological risk assessments, environmental assessments, and resource damage assessments relating to chemicals and other stressors in the environment. Candidates should have a proven ability to perform assessments with large and complex data sets, synthesize technical information, and apply creative and critical thinking to prepare and review reports and technical presentations. Candidates will continue to develop professional status by authoring peer-reviewed publications and participating in regional and national technical conferences and activities of professional societies. Candidates will also work cooperatively on projects with other members of the Ecological and Biological Sciences Practice and interdisciplinary groups from other Exponent practices as appropriate.
Qualifications for this position include:
* Ph.D. in Ecology, Biology, Ecotoxicology, Environmental Sciences or related field
* Minimum of five years of experience in working as a consultant (or similar organizations) and leading teams of environmental professionals
* Experience in organizing and coordinating tasks and/or projects of moderate and diverse scope and complexity
* Experience in proposal development and other business development activities
* Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
* Excellent writing and critical thinking skills
* Experience evaluating and integrating complex data sets, including large volumes of data, data collected over differing temporal/spatial scales
* Experience in being part of multidisciplinary teams
* Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to travel for work related activities
* Ability to work well within a fast paced, multidisciplinary team environment
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer. Associated topics: agriculture, conservation, environmental, epa, field, food, ocean, sustainability, waste, water
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.