Accounts Payable Specialist
- The AP Specialist 1 provides first-line response to AP related inquiries from vendors, teammates and/or managers.
- The position ensures customer s questions are answered comprehensively within established SLA s and calls and other contacts are tracked appropriately.
- Also, ensures other systems and/or vendor functions are maintained and completed timely.
- This position reports to the AP Supervisor.
- Answers incoming phone calls, emails, IM s and walk ups in a high-volume environment knowledgeably with professionalism and courtesy
- Explain related policies, other regulations and system end user best practices to vendors, teammates and managers
- Provides general support to vendors and the company at large related to best practices, policies and regulations
- Maintains security and discretion related to credit card, vendor and teammate specific information
- Clarifies, researches, and provides problem resolution for all AP related issues presented; escalate as necessary
- Based on inquiries received, detect trends and potential trouble areas; report to management
- Provides technical support and training for the end users of related systems as needed
- Reconciles vendor statements with over 90 day aging s
- Makes corrections to expense and banking system account profiles as required
- Increases/Decreases credit card limits live in the banking system based on company policy
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow governmental regulations, teammate guidelines, and all other company policies
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
- Minimum of one (1) year s AP related experience preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year s Call Center experience preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel; working knowledge of Oracle preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required