Facility: Harrison Medical Center
Department: Urgent Care
Location: Belfair, WA
Job Status: Per Diem
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach physical, emotional, and spiritual is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible, under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, for providing quality practical nursing care that is focused on the comfort and well-being of the patient and family consistent with the scope of licensed practice and the standards/procedures of the Franciscan Health System (FHS).
* Participates in the execution of the nursing process (which includes delegated elements of health history, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation), and provides nursing care to patient based on a defined care delivery mode.
* Attends to the general care of patient, providing for their emotional and physical comfort and safety, and maintains an attractive and comfortable environment; gives assistance and guidance in subjects such as cleanliness, grooming, rest, activities and nourishment.
* Observes, reports and documents general and specific physical and behavioral signs and symptoms indicative of change in patient's condition in accordance with established procedures and standards of care; recognizes implications of change, takes appropriate action within designated scope of responsibility and reports to RN.
* Reiterates and reinforces instructions, originally given by a physician or RN, regarding medications and their use, and provides pre-operative and post-operative information/instructions; participates in patient/family teaching according to the patient's multi-disciplinary plan of care. Demonstrates certain tests and self-care practices (e.g. changing colostomy bag); explains proper aftercare procedures, and promotes healthy lifestyle. Assists patient toward self-care and activities of daily living.
* Prepares patient for, and performs, routine diagnostic/laboratory/therapeutic treatment procedures such as the irrigation of wounds, electrocardiograms, changing of dressings, catheterization of patients, setting up various types of medical equipment (e.g. small volume nebulizer, sequential compression device, etc.), monitoring blood glucose, giving medications (e.g. intramuscular, subcutaneously, by mouth, etc.), and initiating/monitoring the administration of intravenous solutions for proper timing and flow and replacement/discontinuation of medication; obtains directly, or makes arrangements to obtain, a variety of medical specimens and cultures, including blood and urine samples and throat cultures; coordinates the collection and pick up of lab specimens; performs venipuncture to obtain blood specimens.
* Collaborates and communicates effectively with the inter-disciplinary team.
* Identifies emergencies (e.g. cardiopulmonary resuscitation, Code 9, and other medical/behavioral emergencies), and initiates and/or participates in the appropriate response to situation.
* Graduation from an accredited Practical Nursing program or equivalent recognized military training.
* One year of related work experience, preferably in an acute care healthcare environment.
* Current Washington State license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
* Requisition ID: 2018-R0198875
* Schedule: Per Diem
* Shift: Day Job
* Market: CHI-Franciscan Harrison Medical Center
Associated topics: lead, licensed practical nurse, lvn lpn, med, nurse i, nurse ii, nurse iii, nurses, practical, practical nurse