Who is 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is an AWS Premier Partner and a Microsoft Azure Gold partner providing managed cloud services to enterprises and a recognized leader among Managed Cloud Providers (MSPs). The company's subject matter experts, software-enabled services and cutting-edge solutions provide companies with tested, proven, and trusted solutions, allowing them to fully leverage the power of the public cloud seamlessly and within their own organizational constraints. 2nd Watch solutions are high performing, robust, increase operational excellence, decrease time to market, accelerate growth and lower risk. Its patent-pending, proprietary tools automate everyday workload management processes for big data analytics, digital marketing, line-of-business and cloud native workloads. 2nd Watch is a new breed of partner which tailors solutions for enterprises, including design, deploy and managed cloud solutions. 2nd Watch has more than 400 enterprise workloads under its management and more than 200,000 instances in its managed public cloud. The venture-backed company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit www.2ndwatch.com or call 888-###-####.
Why 2nd Watch?
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking to build out our existing teams this year. From Managed Cloud Services to Cloud Enablement, Operations, Application Development, DevOps, Automation, Product Development, and everything in between?we are looking for superstars. Our teams are setting industry-level standards around AWS product management and delivery, and we are looking for like-minded, focused candidates to join us. We're building our team with talented and passionate Cloud Consultants who will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a broad use of Amazon's utility computing web resources.
Where you fit:
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams. Getting our attention takes creativity, ingenuity, a desire to improve each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting both positively and negatively while you are getting the right stuff done.
We are looking for a the most technically forward-thinking, Cloud-Passionate employees in the world and work daily to align our core values with those that we hire - Fearlessness, Tenacity, Humility, Customer Focus, Empowering One Another, Working Together, Winning as a Team, Honesty, Transparency, Having FUN - these are all key elements to who we hire.
Software Development Engineer III, Data Platform, and Cloud
Fearless, fun, tenacious, cloud-native, passionate, honest, transparent, creative - these are some of the values that have fueled our culture since 2010. They have driven our company to become one of the most recognized names in the AWS public cloud. As we look toward our ambitious goals in 2018, we seek to expand our software development team with professionals who share our values. That is where you come in.
* A mid-sr. level developer, that can \"self direct\", and look at development from a big picture point of view- with enough experience to look beyond the cards, fill in gaps, and participate in technology strategy discussions.
* 5+ years of experience owning and building data pipelines
* Extensive knowledge of data engineering tools, technologies and approaches
* Ability to absorb business problems and understand how to service required data needs
* Proven experience building data platforms from scratch for data consumption across a wide variety of use cases (e.g. data science, ML, scalability etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to build complex, scalable systems with high quality Experience with specific AWS technologies (such as S3, Redshift, Aurora, EMR, and Kinesis)
* Experience with multiple data technologies and concepts such as Airflow, DBT, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MapReduce.
* Proficient in SQL and NoSQL (experience with columnar databases a plus)
* Brings an appreciation for audit and data quality processes as part of broader data management program
* Prior experience with processing and managing high-volume event level / telemetry data sets
* Experience participating in technology evaluations, and assisting in the selection of a specific cloud service, open source, or proprietary technology to solve a problem
* Demonstrated experience with working daily within a cloud services ecosystem (AWS Preferred, Azure is a plus)
* Familiarity, or direct experience working with Docker/Kubernetes
* Ability to work in an Agile team environment following CI/CD best practices
Benefits and Perks:
* Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
* Competitive salaries and all employees are bonus eligible
* 401(k) with company stock plans to all employees
* 100% paid medical, dental and vision coverage for all employees and 90% paid for family, along with other wellness and disability plans
* No limit / regulation on Paid Time Off - We let you manage yourself.
* Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, focus on Philanthropy and giving back to the communities we support
Associated topics: algorithm, application, back end, c#, devops, matlab, python, software development engineer, software programmer, sw